music tastes good is going cashless!
Now experience ultimate convenience and faster transactions at Music Tastes Good!
By using RFID wristbands and Cashless Payment Technology your wristband becomes your ticket and your digital wallet.
How do I register my wristband?
Step 1: Create your account.
- Click this link to “Register Your Wristband”.
- Click “Register” or use an existing Facebook account to sign up.
- You will receive an email from Music Tastes Good asking you to confirm your registration by clicking the activation button in the email.
- Follow the instructions on the website to finish setting up your account.
Step 2: Link your wristband.
- Once you’re logged in, click the “Wristbands” tab from the top menu and select “I have a wristband”.
- Enter the Security Code (shorter number) and Wristband Number (longer number) located on the back of the RFID tag on your wristband.
- Click “Add”.
Step 3: Top-Up your account.
- Click the “Top-up” tab from the top menu then click the “Top-up” button.
- You will be asked if you want to “Enable Auto Top-up” (see below for details). You can click “Maybe later” or “Yes, enable”.
- Enter the amount you wish to top-up (1 Good Buck = $1 USD), review your order and click “Checkout” when ready.
- Enter your credit card information on the payment site.
All unspent credit will be refunded back to you after the event (less a $5.00 refund processing fee). Please review our refund policy for more details. To help avoid a refund processing fee, only add funds you intend to spend, or spend the exact amount. You also add funds by $1 increments to help avoid this charge.
Enabling Auto Top-Up
The easiest and most convenient way to add credit to your account is to “Enable Auto Top-up”. With the “Enable Auto Top-up” feature, your account balance will automatically re-load $20 (20 Good Bucks) into your account when your balance drops below $10 (10 Good Bucks). The pre-paid amount will automatically be charged to your credit card and you will receive an email notification of this transaction. Please note: Auto top-ups will stop re-upping one hour before the end of the event.
If you are uncomfortable with this concept, simply do not “Enable Auto Top-up”, we won’t be mad.
Benefits of Auto Top-Up
- Optimal convenience
- You’ll never run low on credit at Music Tastes Good
- Saves you time not having to visit a “Top-up Station” to top-up more credit
- Automatic email notifications whenever your account gets re-loaded with credit
- Automatic refund back on your credit card for leftover credit after the event
Q: What are cashless payments?
The only form of payment accepted at all vendor locations will be your RFID wristband – you just double-tap to pay! Vendors will not accept cash, credit or debit card. Instead, it’s all connected to your wristband! Paying for drinks, food and merchandise at Music Tastes Good is now easier, faster and…well, festive!
To pay using your RFID wristband, you will start by “topping-up” and loading money to your cashless account – which is connected to your wristband. Think of it like a pre-paid account! Once you make purchases by double-tapping your wristband at vendor locations, the amount spent will automatically be deducted from your account balance. If you run out of credit, you can recharge and top-up again.
You can top-up your account in three (3) convenient ways:
What happens after the festival?
Depending on how you topped-up your cashless account will affect how you will receive your refund. All funds topped-up using a credit or debit card will be automatically refunded back to your card within 10 business days following the end of the event. If you topped-up using cash, you will be required to complete a short Manual Refund Form in your online account page (link coming soon). Please note, all refunds are subject to a $5.00 payment processing fee (similar to an ATM fee). You are able to add any amount of dollars to your account, so that you can easily use your remaining balance.
Q: When can I register my wristband and add funds?
A) Wristband Registration has already started, you can register your wristband here.
Q: What are the benefits of cashless payment technology?
- Faster transaction times & shorter lineups
- No need to fumble in your pockets for change or hit the ATM machine
- Super convenient (your wristband is on you at all times)
- Better control of your budget and spending (you choose how much to top-up)
- Clear transaction records (registered users get email notifications)
- Safe, secure and worry-free experience means more time to enjoy the event
Q: How and when will I receive my RFID wristband?
A) RFID wristbands will begin shipping to the address you provided when you purchased your ticket starting the week of 9/8/2017. Don’t forget to register and top-up, once you receive your wristband!
Q: Why should I register my wristband?
A) Not only can you save time by registering & topping-up your account before you arrive, it also gives you the ability to track your on-site purchases and top-ups through email notifications! You will also receive an automatic refund after the event, for any leftover credit from online top-ups.
Q: How do I register multiple wristbands?
A) Register a new account for each wristband if you want to keep your spending separate. Assign a wristband to each of your buddies and have them each create a new account with their wristband numbers.
If you add two or more wristband numbers into the same account, this is called a “Shared Family Account“, and all linked wristbands will be able to make purchases using the same pool of funds in the account. Under a Shared Family Account you will NOT be able to separate spending amounts.
Q: Can I transfer funds from my wristband to another one?
A) No, you cannot transfer funds once they are in your personalized account. However, any leftover credit will be refunded to you in accordance with our refund policy.
Q: Can I split the cost of something with a friend?
A) No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
Q: If my friend and I both have leftover funds, can we combine the remaining amount into one account?
A) No, you cannot combine credits from different accounts once those accounts have been created separately.
Q: What happens if I lose or break my wristband?
A) If you ever lose, break, or accidentally tighten your wristband too tight, customer service will be able to cancel, re-issue and transfer your account balance to a new wristband (subject to $10 a replacement fee). However, if you did NOT create an online account and didn’t link your wristband, your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your wristbands to that account prior to the event!
Q: How can I add credit to my account at Music Tastes Good?
A) You can top-up online using your smartphone by signing into your cashless account. You can also top-up at one of the on-site Top-up Stations conveniently located throughout the event grounds using cash, credit or debit card.
Q: How do I make a purchase on-site at Music Tastes Good?
A) To make a purchase at a vendor station on-site, simply tap your wristband on the RFID reader, place your order with their staff and tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction. It’s that easy!
Q: What happens with the extra credit leftover in my account?
A) All credit left unredeemed by the close of the festival will be refunded to you, less a $5.00 refund processing fee (similar to an ATM fee). This processing fee is collected by our wristband access control vendor, not Music Tastes Good. If you topped-up using credit or debit card, funds will automatically be refunded back to your card. You can add ANY amount of dollars to your account, and avoid the $5.00 processing fee. All prices for items will be clearly marked and rounded up or down to the nearest dollar to avoid leftover funds on your wristband.
If you topped-up your account using cash, you will be required to fill out a Manual Refund Form in your cashless account.
Q: What's the deadline for submitting a manual refund (top-ups made in cash)?
A) All credit left unredeemed by the close of the festival will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- All refunds are subject to a $5.00 refund processing fee.
- Credit & Debit Card: Leftover funds in your account, purchased online or on-site at the event using a credit or debit card, will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $5.00 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event.
- Cash: Leftover funds in your account, purchased on-site at the event using cash, will require you to complete a Manual Refund Form on your online account page (less a $5.00 refund processing fee).
The deadline to apply for a manual refund is October 22, 2017. Upon verification of your manual refund form, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
Q: Still have questions or issues?
A) Please contact us here with the following information:
- Your Full Name.
- Wristband Number(s).
- What action you are trying to take (topping-up, registering, etc.).
- Where the problem occurs (email, login screen, external payment site, etc.).
- What the exact error message is.
- Transaction Number (if applicable).